Thursday, February 26, 2009

Text and Images Designs and Self Assessment





























































Self Assessment:

1. Which one of the four of your Text Designs is the most successful? In what ways? Please be specific. The text design that I feel is most successful is the third one, about the battery acid. First, I was able to give him the appearance of glowing, which was at first a problem but I eventually overcame. Secondly, using a variety of techniques I was able to make it look like the battery is actually in his hand. Lastly, the colors work well, as the words are in red, which is complementary to the color of the glow (green).

2. List some of the tools that you learned and used in this assignment. Which ones did you find the most helpful and in what ways? One tool that I found very helpful to use was the smudge tool. On design #3, I used it to give the glow the appearance of fading away, with a lighter color after the first green. I used the smudge tool to blend the two greens together. One other tool that I used was the hue tool. Using this in design #1, I was able to make the doctor look red in the face, like he is angry. This helped get the point of the sentence across more.

3. With regards to Design concepts and/or Photoshop tools, what do you think you need to know and what do you want to know? In regards to design concepts, I want to learn how to make things look more “professional,” for lack of a better term. I do not feel that my designs are bad, but in looking at some of the other ones that have been done, they look like they were done by, well, a sophomore. I want to go beyond that, and have my designs look even better. Similar to before, in regards to Photoshop tools, I would like to know how to do things more efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment